Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shalal, Gorzd, and moving forward

Yesterday was a good day, and we found some neat stuff.

("Why, Halley, that was an opaque statement that tells us very little."
"Yes, straw man, it was intended to be.")

After a few weeks of work, especially this last week, I am off to spend four days at a spa in Druskininkai. When I'm not in a massage or a mud bath or a mineral dip or accupressure session, I plan on writing, so there is more to come soon.

And yes, I too was a bit nervous at first when I heard "Eastern European spa," but the place I am going to appears to be modern and lovely, from all accounts. And they had a package deal where I get all sorts of fun treatments and other stuff each day plus accommodation in their four star hotel for about the price of a night's stay somewhere.

So pardon me while I pack and prepare. I have to get to my consultation with my wellness coach. After the two-hour bus ride south, of course.

(The final bit of awesome here is that I can store my big backpack at the guest house here in Vilnius and pick it up on my way out in a week or so, so I don't have to schlep it. If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...)

3 comments:

  1. you are a big tease tellus you have all kind of neat info and no time to do it. okay go ahead and enjoy you have certainly earned it Nonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what they mean by SPAring.

    If you took me and I'de carry your bag!

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOO....it sounds yummy.
    i could use it too.

    maybe you could go to another one in Latvia...then stockholm .... then london...
    do i hear travel guide?

    'Halley's Happy Hoofing, Hot Tubbing and Hostelry thru (h)Europe'.

    ReplyDelete

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-15669091-1"); pageTracker.setAllowLinker(true); pageTracker._trackPageview();