Tuesday, August 4, 2009

At least they drive on the right

I just booked a card for my day trips out to the shtetls.
It's significantly cheaper if I just rent a car and drive, versus hiring a driver.

So I will schlep out to the airport the night before each trip, figure out the way back to my guest house, and then take off with my guide the next morning.

Vilnius drivers are insane and only take road rules as suggestions... and they don't take kindly to suggestion. But once we're out of the city, it should be better.

And just because I haven't driven since the last time I was back in Chicago for a few days...

I'm not worried. I drive defensively and I have kept up my swearing so I'd be fully practiced for the next time I got behind the wheel and needed to inform the other drivers what they are doing wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud....
    you drive just like I taught you, when you were 3 years old.

    ReplyDelete

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-15669091-1"); pageTracker.setAllowLinker(true); pageTracker._trackPageview();