Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Do unto others... as they have already done to you and you should really return the favor in order not to be an asshole

Meet Paul.

Much of the time, Paul lives on boats. Big ones.
He likes these big boats.
And the sea (where you find the big boats).

Paul is now yelling at the screen, "They're called 'ships'!"

Read Paul's blog for all sortsa neato sailor-y things, and some astute personal reflections on the state of New England fishing/lobstering.


Like Paul mentioned, we are pretty opposite in a lot of ways.
In a lot of ways that drive my little (feminist, vegetarian, liberal) soul crazy, and make my big (feminist, vegetarian, liberal) mouth scream. But Paul reminds me that we can all disagree without being disagreeable, and that just because the policy with which the other may agree seems stupid, it doesn't make the person (inherently) stupid. (He also reminds me that some conservatives actually do know how to spell and are familiar with rules of grammar.)

And his wife is totally hot.

2 comments:

  1. She is. Beautiful inside and out. I am wicked lucky. But, as the man says, better to be lucky than smaht. Being ultra-hot wasn't among the chief criteria in my search for a wife, but it wasn't hard to accept, either. Putting up with my shit AND my job was #1, in fact.

    And, yeah, I just showed this post to my 1st mate, and he was laughing of course. "How are you friends again?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, InterFuture - bringing people who wouldn't ever normally meet together, since 1969.

    ReplyDelete

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-15669091-1"); pageTracker.setAllowLinker(true); pageTracker._trackPageview();