Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mineminemine!

And! I'm annoyed that when I work on this project it's just going to be seen as part of this whole genealogy trend.

Yes, I know genealogy has been an interest of many people since people began. (Wars have been fought over it, marriages set and dissolved over it... blah blah)

But still, when there's a show on it, broadcast in primetime on network TV, it's a trend.*

Yes, I know you can only do what you do and screw the rest. And yes, good work will always be good work (and bad work, bad) no matter the subject area. And yes, I know encouraging this interest only creates a broader market for the work.

But still.

For some reason, the related series on PBS with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. did not bring out the same reaction in me. Let's just chalk it up as part of my snobbish side.



*Okay, I very much enjoyed the one episode of this show I saw, and will likely watch the others.

In fact, I even expected to like the show on NBC. It's just another reminder of all all the work on my own project that I'm not finished with yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-15669091-1"); pageTracker.setAllowLinker(true); pageTracker._trackPageview();