Friday, March 19, 2010

"Guaranteed Swahili!"

It's time to learn Russian. And Yiddish.

Or, it's time to corral my Russian- and Yiddish-speaking friends and relatives, and use their translating abilities.

I still want to learn the languages. A dozen times in my life it would've been helpful to speak Yiddish.

If you're Jewish and you travel and you want to know things or read things or talk to people who not many others can speak with, learn the effing language.

And by that, I mean: "Halley, learn the effing language."

2 comments:

  1. "A sprach is a dialekt mit a armee un a flot." ~ Max Weinrich

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A language is a dialect with an army and a navy"? Did I translate that correctly?

    I like it.

    ReplyDelete

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-15669091-1"); pageTracker.setAllowLinker(true); pageTracker._trackPageview();